Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

I awoke on Thanksgiving day feeling GOOD. I mean, I haven't felt that content right away in the morning in a long time. I'm pet-sitting in a home that is has beautiful light, clean energy, and animals that are so comfortable around me. I grabbed my phone and took a photo of the scenario...cat on left, cat on right, dog at feet, with me squished in-between it all:

[Graycee on the move, George, Charlie-girl]

I basically got up, made coffee and started on the crust of my pumpkin pie. I did what Smitten Kitchen said, made sure everything was nice and cold, and voila! It worked! It was actually pretty simple.

[Crust, pre pumpkin]

[FYI: watching the pie doesn't make it bake faster.]

[Finished pie, with a smiling face.]

Headed with Jill to Misty & Ted's for the feast. It was a lot of fun, with a great mix of people and the food and wine was so delicious!! We rock.
[Misty and the 25 lb. bird]

[With Ethan. tsk.]

[Ted the crazy carver]

[Rick, hip shot]

[Jill helps with the washing]

[Raquel helps me with the potatoes, Heather works on the gravy.]

[Some of the delicious eats!]

[Filling the plates]

[Jetta under the table]

[Misty playing her accordion, post eats]

Went walking with Charlie-girl this morning. It is so much fun to watch her frolic in the weeds. She leaps like a gazelle.. I'm going to try and capture it on video tomorrow. She is so great. And a comedian; she has me laughing out loud all the time.

1 comment:

desertbackroadfiend said...

What a lovely post, a lovely house to be sitting (with cats and dog that all get along, yay!), and a lovely picture of pumpkin pie.

How did it turn out? I'm still in search of The Best Pumpkin Pie recipe; so far all the ones I've tried this year have been too bland.

xo