Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home

[Daisy watching Hotel for Dogs. I swear to god.]

I've been away for a couple of days -- one part just plain uninspired, one part no Internet connection. Sorry about that.

New Moon was fun. Not deep, but fun. And pretty, as predicted. Next, The Men Who Stare at Goats. I'm really looking forward to Fantastic Mr. Fox and Sherlock Holmes too.

Anyone who knows me knows I want a dog. Since it isn't possible in the apartment I live in, I do pet sitting. I've been doing it on and off for many years. Last week, I met and hung out with the gorgeous Cali. I went from there to Sausalito for one night to be with three dogs and two cats. The complex was tucked in the hills and I had to take a "hillevator" to get to it.

Tonight, I'm lying on my couch. At home. And boy does it feel good to be here, free of dog hair and animal responsibility. I love it, the being around dogs, but breaks are nice too. Maybe I'll wait to get one until I am living with a partner and share the responsibility with him. Maybe I need a more independent kind of dog? Or, maybe I'm simply tired from being sick and I need to just go to sleep. In my own bed. I bet I dream about dogs...