Day two of the coach training is complete. Two more to go. It's been great to be among people who are willing to open up to, and release, stuff that's been holding them back for years. Their vulnerability and trust is truly inspiring to me and I learn so much just by being in the room with them. Also, knowing that they will take the tools they learn in the training out into the world to help others, is pretty cool too.
The tickle in throat/upper chest is still there, but strangely, it almost disappears when I assist in the training... Actually, it's not so strange really. I experience that a lot. I will feel ill and then when I meditate or coach someone, it goes away. It may come back later, but for those few minutes/hours, I'm free of discomfort. It's all part of the mind/body/spirit connection.
My little brother is on my mind. He is going in for back surgery on Monday. I know everything will be alright, but I still worry. I'm so grateful that our parents will be there for support. Dan, I'm sending prayers for a safe and gentle surgery and a swift and pain-free recovery. I love you!
I came home tonight to my friend Stan in my kitchen holding out a glass of prosecco and X-Men Origins: Wolverine playing on the TV. Oh my god is Hugh Jackman a hottie. But I digress... :D Stan is an old friend who used to live in town but moved away to Sacramento. He is hilarious and whenever we spend time together, it's filled with lots of laughter. I adore him.
I realize these blog posts aren't as deep as they could be. I am finding it difficult to fulfill the post-a-day pledge with heartfelt and inspiring posts. I also sometimes find it hard to truly open up on this thing (the Internets). Stay tuned though. This may change in time.
Meanwhile, here is something that I just showed Stan. I told him I am not eating wheat, stressing the "wh". And then I started laughing. Stan just stood there looking at me like I was nuts. So I asked him if he ever saw the Wil Wheaton sketch on Family Guy. No. No?!? That's not ok, so I found this and made him watch. He laughed. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment