Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sisterhood



I watched the movie Whip It last night with Misty and Ethan and man, was it fun. It is the kind of movie that pumps you up and makes you feel Girl Power. I drove home and noticed that I was going around the curves and making the lane changes like a roller derby expert. Except that I was in a car. haha

It also got me thinking about high school and how, if I had had an experience similar to Ellen Page's Bliss, would I have had the balls to try out? I was shy and didn't want to be noticed much, but I also secretly loved speed and was drawn to anything alternative. Drawn to it, but since that clashed with the "didn't want to be noticed" part of me, it made the follow-through really difficult.

So, now I'm thinking, what can I do in my life right now that mimics the desire I feel to be a part of something like in that movie?

Hmmm...

2 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

whatever it may be, i'm sure you'll figure it out.

Kristin said...

ooohhhh...I love your inner exploration here. I wonder what you'll come up with to let that side of you out?
:)
Kristin