Today I had the most amazing coaching session with a client I've been working with for over a year. We worked together with clarity and compassion and he came away with tools to help with a big project he's working on.
I also had a newer client cancel our sessions with a quick email.
My first instinct was to go straight to "What did I do wrong?" and all of those reactions that come out of fear & judgement, but I'm choosing not to. It is an exhausting cycle. Instead, I'm looking at how to proceed, see what our next step is. Clear guidance with compassion is really the key to this work. And applying it to me first would be a good idea.
This is why I love being a coach. It gets me out of old patterns because I need to show up. I can't show up if I'm stuck in my stuff.
----
Wow, I posted this, then went to Rob Brezny's Free Will Astrology and this is what my horoscope is for the week:
"'There is a saying that when the student is ready, the teacher appears,' writes Clarissa Pinkola Estes in her book Women Who Run with the Wolves. But the magic of that formula may not unfold with smooth simplicity, she says: 'The teacher comes when the soul, not the ego, is ready. The teacher comes when the soul calls, and thank goodness -- for the ego is never fully ready.' I'd love it if the information I just provided encouraged you to feel right at home with the jarring yet nurturing lessons that are on the way."
Right ON.
2 comments:
Good inner work with this, Kate.
Your writing is so real and heartfelt. I enjoy reading your blog posts.
I also really like your picture attached to this post. Arrows pointing and then the 'Here'. Subtle. Choices. Where to go? Nice picture to capture that feeling. :)
Hoping your cold goes away soon,
Kristin
Thank you Kristin! I took that photo in San Rafael, knowing it would come in handy. xo
Post a Comment