Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We Made It!



Well, after an almost 24-hour journey, Suzanne & I have made it to Dublin. Yay!

It is 7:30 a.m. and I'm happy to have had 6 solid hours of sleep after catching small naps on our journey from sfo to heathrow. Love watching inflight movies. This time around I saw an indie called Happy something or other and Annie Hall. Still such a classic.

So we get to Heathrow and went through this crazy experience of radars going down in Dublin and flights delayed "indefinitely" and the Trainspotting guy who got more and more drunk, yet helpful, and the Indian guy who looked like an ex boyfriend keeping us updated on everything, and the Irish couple who for some reason, everyone who walked by had to talk to because they had such a friendly, knowing demeanor.. Suz and I had our first Guinness in that low-lit, vibrating hallway, along with salt and malt vinegar chips that are so much better over here. :)

Today, after finding some brekkie, we're off on a 4-hour train to Galway. Still have no idea where we're staying, but are hoping for a b&b. Home cooked eggs and rashers...mmmm.

3 comments:

Yoshi said...

Oooh, I'm so envious! Hope you guys are having fun! lol of course you are!

Misty L said...

hurray!!

j. ethan duran said...

and the adventure begins...
can't wait to hear more.