Evening out, put on the makeup.
Travel clothes are wrinkled
--wear the outfit anyway.
July 13 (Going to the Galway Film Fest Closing Party)
Jessica Lange is in the film Bonneville and gave a talk earlier in the week as part of the Galway Film Fleadh, so odds were pretty good that we'd see her at some point in the evening. I love her work and think she's an amazing actor. Suzanne and I got dolled up in our finest suitcased clothes (see haiku) and headed to the theater. Sure enough, Jessica came out, pre-movie and said her thank yous to the FF people, which was cool. She looks great. Wish she would leave her face alone though. She's gorgeous but the fact that she did something to her face other than let it age made me feel uncomfortable. She's strong, intelligent, witty, yet fell for that Hollywood standard that is so out of control. Oy!
Anyway... (didn't expect to go on that tangent..) We watched the movie which as I said before was not so good. I was rooting for it, and for the three leads but nope. Not much chemistry, a used storyline, forced laughter... I liked some of the cinematography though! Especially the scene in the salt flats.
After the movie, everyone crossed the street and stood in line for the dinner and after party. It was fun to people watch. Jessica walked by, then Bill Pullman who I've had a crush on since Singles. It's the strong eyebrow, tousled hair thing.
We had really good food and sat at tables on the deck overlooking Galway Bay. It was so lovely. Met some sweet people like Lawrence who told us about his long-lost gal in Columbus, OH. Lots of film people there and it was fun to see their camaraderie. They seem to really support each other, which is refreshing to witness! After dinner a band started playing and I can't for the life of me find what their name was. The lead singer was a cross between Tom Waits, Iggy Pop and Paul Pena. Skinny little sarcastic SOB with the best voice. Even had Bill P. singing Johnny Cash, and when someone else one-upped him with Walk the Line, the lead singer called Bill a wimp. It was hilarious. We walked back to the b & b at 2 a.m. Tired but happy. What a day.
1 comment:
awesome! you saw jessica lange.
Post a Comment