Looking for something missing,
Kate stumbles upon chocolate biscuits:
Cheers heard all around.
July 17 (Room 517, Ashling Hotel in Dublin)
After doing our usual breakfast at the place with the 3 ladies, we decided to rent bikes and check out Phoenix Park which was right near our hotel. I had no clue this huge park (largest urban enclosed park in Europe) with wild fallow deer, polo fields, gardens, a lake and lots of monuments and things was right there. The woman who rented us the bikes was hip and down to earth... so we asked her if we could interview her the next day and she was up for it.
Biking was great! Got some exercise, fresh air & saw the cool deer herd, who by the way have called the park their home since the 17th Century!!
After lunch at a beautiful old pub with polished wood everywhere, we interviewed a woman named Caiomhe (pronounced quee-va) who is a "conscious" fashion designer. She was great, very matter of fact, creative, with interesting insights on women and how they view their bodies from a fashion point of view. I wanted to tuck her into my suitcase and take her home so she could help me with my wardrobe. I could sure use her talent.
We were all spent after that and took a nap. Naps are good. I wish I could do them every day. Later, we moseyed to the center of Dublin to check out the Dublin castle. The tours were closed but we were able to wander the grounds a bit and take photos. I'll include some here. Dinner was at a yummy tapas restaurant called Havana. Then it was back to the hotel and packing up our stuff..
[Sorry for the shorter post today, very tired and want to spend more time with Helen before bedtime.]
2 comments:
tell helen i said hello.
once again awesome photos. love the bust on the wall.
looks like you're having a lot of fun! keep it up, i'm so jealous.
Post a Comment