


Finally have the photos from the 16th annual Procrastinators New Years Eve shindig. I LOVE this party. and this year i was a bit nervous about what i was going to dress as.. the theme: White Trash Fairy Tale. Good one, but takes creativity. Was going to be Princess & the Pea and do some kind of canned pea thing, but then after many incarnations, came up with Little Boa Peeps. i didn't want to buy my costume, so i went to a costume shop in San Rafael. Their LBP costume was a hundred bucks, so i decided to make my own!
I spent ALL of friday night and saturday sewing my costume. by hand because sewing machines intimidate me. (Home-ec was a disaster.) LBP is a girly girl. she needs lace and ruffly things. so, on my "My Daddy Drives a Ford" t-shirt, I added some lace, of course. and i made bloomers by sewing lace around the bottom of my white pj bottoms. sewing is HARD.
Anyway, the party was rockin' thanks to fun tunes by Ted. Highlight: trying to remember the dance steps to Thriller. The food was fabulous... bologna sandos on Wonder bread, twinkies, hostess pies, pork rinds, cheetoes, canned cheese... OMG. And the costumes were seriously amazing. Thanks Misty for yet another incredible night in SF.
Other news... Things are kind of crazy. I'm in the midst of looking for a new apartment. It became very clear to me in a meditation that I need to move. My place is cute and inexpensive but it just isn't good for me anymore. Know anyone who wants an apartment in Mill Valley that has walls as thin as paper (no joke) but is near Mt. Tam and 101 and is in a homey neighborhood? I'm also taking a lot of pet visits and sits, and teaching and working at greenmuseum.org. Things are busy.
Going to see the Dave Brubeck Quartet & the Ramsey Lewis Trio with the Lafayette fam on Wed night. Excited. I'm not usually a jazz person but my dad is a huge fan of Brubeck so I heard a lot of him growing up.
ok. have a good day!
Listening to the new Jenny Lewis cd thanks to misty. so good.
1 comment:
you looked GREAT!! good job on the costume making. sew on!
Post a Comment