Friday, March 24, 2006

Anchors Aweigh

TGIF!!
I'm starting a housesit tonight in a house that makes me dizzy.
no kidding.
when i went there a couple of wks ago to meet the owner and her animals, i left feeling like i just got off a boat. dizzy, walking funny..
so today i walk up the stairs to the apartment and again, feel like i'm on a boat. find myself not being able to keep my balance unless i REALLY concentrate on grounding. WTF?

I think I figured it out. the house is leaning. it is an old place that kind of leans a bit and so there are no 90 degree angles inside...everything is slanted..including the floor. and it is high up, with only trees outside the narrow windows, and so my strange brain can't calibrate what is "normal" by focusing on stationary things like other houses outside, and so i feel dizzy. am I weird? well, yes. but is this something ANYONE else has experienced? so here i am, afraid to go back there to sleep tonight b/c I don't want to be seasick. hahaha. this situation is hilarious. maybe when i leave there next week I will have my sea legs!!

3 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

that is too funny. try walking or standing on an angle. that might help.

Misty L said...

hahahahahaha! weirdo.

hez said...

i lived in a house in cambridge, MA where the entire house had settled towards the stairs located in the center of the house. therefore, everything on the right side slanted left and everything on the left slanted right and everything in front of the stairs slanted towards them! that meant that, everytime i walked down the stairs, the floors looked like they were rising up to greet me! no matter how many times i came down them i never got over that feeling. so yes, this happens to others. weirdo. hahaha!