
Around three years ago, Misty, Ethan and I made an impromptu trip to New Orleans. We had a blast.. first time for each of us. we did the usual drinking frosty drinks and eating Lucky Dogs at 3 a.m.. (i call still call them unlucky dogs but whatever) and yummy beignets with cafe au laits each morning.
one night at a fun bar we discovered (that was not filled with tourists), I met a man named Sean (red hat). he's a sweet, creative soul. a poet with a penchant for activism. We had a neat connection, but it was brief. amazingly we have kept in touch. not often, but enough. he sent me a N.O. care package a few months before the storm hit. filled with all kinds of fun toys, postcards, jewelry... all locally made stuff. so wonderful. and when the flooding started, i was pretty anxious. but turns out he and his family were ok and that made me happy.
anyway, the reason for this story is that yesterday I got another amazing email from Sean. here's a person I met in a blink of an eye and slowly but surely, he's becoming one of my good friends. and someday i know we will meet again and it will be familiar and weird and just plain cool.
3 comments:
I've been wistful for NOLA the last few days.
xo
thats so cool you guys kept in touch. remember buba. he seems to haunt me every once in awhile.
well, understandable. bubba was capital 'c' Creepy.
Post a Comment