Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Teens Rule


Last Thursday I went to the Rafael Theater and saw the documentary, The Education of Shelby Knox, all about a 14 year old from Lubbock, TX who started questioning the grown-ups bright idea of abstinence as the only form of birth control. she became an advocate of a more comprehensive form of sex ed in schools. it was awesome. and afterwards shelby took questions about the experience. what a relief to see the next generation questioning things.

Then I went to Lafayette, and spent the weekend w/ my buddies Emma and Ted, who are teens themselves and I got to see Emma kick butt in basketball and Ted in baseball. then we rented 3 dvds of Veronica Mars and stayed up till midnight-ish watching them. Veronica's a 17-year old who solves mysteries with wit and charm and it's the best thing out there since Buffy. i'm such a great influence.. E and T are now as addicted to the show as I am. if you haven't seen them yet...rent 'em. so G-O-O-D.

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

teens/tweens do rule!!! good for you for bringing vm into theirs lives. keep up the good work.