Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here I Am!!


I'm sorry for not writing till now. lots going on.

Went to SD for the holidays. It was cold but a lot of fun to hang with my parents. I also got to see my buddy since 8th grade, Kathy. She is my version of a modern-day superhero. She & her husband have SEVEN kids living at their home. They have one of their own, three foster kids and three recently adopted kids. AMAZING. and their house was spotless.
superheroes.

January simply SUCKED. Well, the first part didn't suck. I was taken out to a birthday dinner by Misty and Ted to Destino, which was really, really good. Check it out when you have a hankerin' for tasty tapas. And the ambiance was fabulous. Love finding new yummy restaurants. And hanging with Misty and Ted was wonderful. I love them!

Onto the sucky part. I had water in my apartment and a landlord who took his sweet time taking care of it, I was in a car accident...got rear-ended by a college boy in an old suburban. yeah, ow. and to top it off, the man I was dating decided to become invisible.

So. I'm chiropractin' it, driving a fun, red (of course) rental car and getting massages from Eric Brown, who is an amazing body worker, if you ever have the inclination for one.

The most recent thing that's been occupying my life lately is that I've been doing a cleanse. It's called the Master Cleanse. I've been drinking only a water, lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper concoction since last Monday. I'm on day nine, and am going to day 11. Yay! It's almost over. The biggest thing I've noticed is not that i crave food, but that i miss it. i miss the act of buying, cooking and creating dishes. I don't miss the stuffing it into my mouth until i can't breathe part. I'm hoping to be more conscious about my eating at least for awhile after this.

other notes:
  • I took a roadtrip to Orr Hot Springs last Saturday. It is in a beautiful setting and they have this pool that is just perfect. It is like being in the bathtub and not having to worry about the water getting cold. I fell asleep in it. Their steam room rocks too.
  • I FINALLY got to writing back my penpal from S. Korea. It's going in the mail today, E!
  • My friend in Philadelphia, via MN and MA, Kirsten Culbertson, and her hubby Eric Brown, (yeah, i know two eric browns) just had a baby boy and they named him Atticus! Love that, with Kirsten being a writer and all. Atticus James Wesley Brown. What a cutie.

2 comments:

dac said...

Hi Pretty!!

j. ethan duran said...

welcome back!! it hasn't been the same without you. hopefully february will be full of fun and fantastic fortunes.
smooches