Thursday, March 13, 2008

Save Polaroid. Save the World.


"On February 8, 2008 Polaroid Corporation announced that it will discontinue production of the instant film that made the company a household name. This site will document the aftermath of this announcement and will serve as a home-base for the effort to convince another company to take over and begin producing the cherished technology that Polaroid has abandoned."

I've been thinking a lot about the Polaroid and just can't fathom its demise. I have seen famous exhibits at SFMoMA with Polaroids. Each year, Miss Misty documents the crazy costumes at her infamous Procrastinators New Years Eve gatherings. I've gotten Postcards with Polaroids stuck to them from Europe. I have a memory of Ralph's Corner Bar (RIP) in Moorhead, MN, where a bunch of photo geeks took photos and drew on them...thinking they were all cool and creative. What will life be like without them?? I don't want to find out. Join me. Visit the website. Save Polaroid. Save the World.

No comments: