See her face? yeah. Kind of what mine looked like after seeing this movie. Wait. No. Mine was more like this:
The poster in Fairfax read, "Beautiful and Enchanting. A fairy tale for grown-ups":
Yeah. So not.I understand the tale this movie is aiming to tell, and it was shot beautifully... sort of Wachowski meets Jean-Pierre Jeunet. But the graphic violence was too much for this lady. I mean seeping, jarring details that I hadn't seen in a movie since "RoboCop". Or "1492". And then there's the creepy element. I wasn't expecting to plug my ears through half of it either. I don't like horror movies much anymore. I realized finally that they just stress me out too much.
So shame on you, Fairfax and movie PR people, for leading me to believe I was going to see something like Mirror Mask or any Miyazaki movie. Instead I got this:
Yeah. Much more accurate.Be prepared to pop a Prozac as you're exiting the theater. Or maybe take a swig of something strong. Or do what I did, go home and watch another movie to try to bring your depressed body back to its light-hearted self.
3 comments:
oh scary. me want to see.
e, you would love it!
Hehe...it was darker than I had anticipated, but I liked it. That said, I think one viewing is plenty.
Post a Comment