




















Well, it's Tuesday and I'm just starting to get my energy back.. Misty & Ted's wedding happened last Saturday and it was just amazing. After all the im-ing and the decisions and the prepping... and now it's all done. What to do with myself? haha.Friday was CRAZY. We all went to the Polished Lounge to get our nails done, then to lunch. Then, after dropping miss Lisa B. to pick up her dress, I got a call saying my car's bumper had been fixed and I needed to pick it up before 5. Wha? So I trekked up 101 to San Rafael, through Friday traffic, to get my car that actually wasn't done yet but they finished it by 4:30, so I rushed to my office and threw on my outfit and booked it back to town for the rehearsal dinner at Home restaurant. Sigh. I'm tired just thinking of it. The food was great as always and it was so much fun to see everyone together. Misty's family, Ted's family, folks from NY, Boston, London, Illinois...
That night, Misty had a sleepover with me, Helen who came from London (yay!) and Ethan. (and Jetta & Magilla of course) I have to say that hanging with Misty that night and the morning of her wedding was so beautiful. I mean, with all the planning done and the ceremony ahead of us.. it was a calm point. And I got to be with my friend.
The next day (wedding day!) Helen, E, Misty and I loaded up the cars, then the van (with the ladies), and headed to Oxen Rose to get the do's did. I was the only one doing an "updo" and was nervous. It only happened once before and was not pretty. But, if you are reading this and you need an updo or color or a fab cut, go to Oxen Rose and ask for Lee. He's incredible.
What happened after this is a whirlwind. There was the chupa to figure out, bathrooms to decorate, make-up to apply, at one point, I remember walking back and forth from dressing room to bathroom, like 10 times, with only one eye done hahaha.. then there was double-sided tape to attach, photos to take, champagne to drink, dresses to don, posing for photos, jumping for babies to smile, deep breaths, and then bam. Time for the ceremony.
I had a crazy movie moment with Ted's ring. Tanja, Lisa and I were in the bathroom. I had been carrying the box with his ring in it everywhere (at one point I gave Helen the job of holding onto it since I was running back and forth so much I was afraid I'd put it down and forget..) but we were in the bathroom. There were two sinks, and one was stopped up with soapy water. Right before the ceremony, I decided to open the box, see how the ring would stay on my finger for the ceremony. As I opened it, the ring literally flipped out of the box and flew right into the soapy water. It happened so fast! I dove right after it, catching it at the bottom of the basin, pulled it out and showed it to T and L. They gasped, then started laughing.. . I started shaking, realizing what just happened or could've happened. oy. Deep breaths.
The ceremony was relaxed, beautiful, funny, full of love. The food was really good! And, my official maid of honor toast flowed without too much of a hitch. It helped my nerves to hear a few folks chanting my name as I made my way to the mike. haha, thanks, you nuts. :) The cupcakes were scrumptious & the music and the dancing SO FUN... I danced with Stein who is an incredible dancer! It was fun to be led around the dance floor for a change.
There was a stint at a Korean bar and a taqueria too. the "afterparty".
Finally, it was home to M & T's, with E and Helen. We ended up sleeping side by side in their bed, my last look at the clock read 4:15 a.m.
The brunch on Sunday was awesome too. I wasn't the only one walking a little slower.. hee.
Here are the photos from my dij. I'll have the others by next week and will post them then.
1 comment:
what! there was a wedding. great photos.
Post a Comment