Friday, August 20, 2010

365 Days of Nurturing Self


I've been drawn to a friend's idea of giving one thing away every day for a year. But it didn't feel quite right. Knowing me, I'd get caught up in ALL the reorganizing I want to do, and lose the exhilaration of giving one more single item away...

In between clients today, I read a page in a book that made me see MY version of the Less 365 idea:
"Busyness is largely self-distraction. We fear facing our feelings and ourselves, so we generate an endless list of errands, tasks, and appointments to keep us occupied. Then we get frazzled, stressed, and uptight, which put intimacy and play on the back burner until they're completely out of sight... Our hearts need time and space to flow with a sane rhythm of life. But even more than our physical hearts, we need to nurture our emotional hearts. If we give love to ourselves and others, our hearts will be happy and healthy, both physically and emotionally."

So. I'm starting something called 365 Ways to Nurture Self. Every day I'm going to do something that nurtures me.

Day 1: Get my car washed, inside and out.
Ahhhh. I feel better already.

1 comment:

Yoshi said...

I like this.