Friday, June 04, 2010

It's a Twister


I used to have a recurring dream where I would be out in a storm, a tornado would come, and I'd get safely into the house just as it hit. That dream went away long ago, but last night, it came back. This time, I was in San Francisco and people were all looking up in fear. I look up, and yep, tornado way up in the clouds. I could feel the same panic set in. But this is where it changes... All of a sudden Ethan and others point out that there's a man falling from the sky. I look up and see him, at first a dot, and then careening directly towards us. I freeze in fear, and turn just as he splats on the ground next to me. I even feel the splatter. What the??!

I believe that we work through a lot of stuff in dreamtime that we can't handle while awake. My best guess here is that I've potentially got some big stuff coming up, and if I don't deal with it now, it will get closer and be overwhelming. And as for the man splat... well, I'm still working on that part. Any ideas?

One idea is the Iceland trip. It has been canceled due to many factors. I would be bummed about it, but know that it was the right decision. Why waste time dwelling on what ifs? It may happen next year, we'll see. I see this time as an opportunity to settle in here a bit more.

Change is good. And I'm glad to see the tornado was not at my heels, but way up in a cloud on an otherwise sunny day. This gives me hope, and the space and time to prepare...

2 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

that's a good way of interpreting your dream. should i be concerned that i was in your dream. :)

Kate said...

Naw, you were my protector. You're the one that warned me to move out of the way. :)