Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!








It is my mom's birthday today, and here are 10 reasons why I love my her:

10. She would take me on bike rides around town and I felt like I was flying! It was exhilarating!

9. She was a member of the local health food co-op before it became the popular thing to do (she made her own yogurt!)

8. She would sit on my bed until I fell asleep when I was afraid of the dark.

7. She speaks her truth which has helped me to do so also.

6. She kicked Cancer's ass.

5. She ALWAYS knows the definition of a word when I ask for it.

4. She has unending amounts of compassion for those who are without.

3. She has the best laugh. It's contagious.

2. She has the largest collection of angels at home, and when I visit, they make me feel safe.

1. She raised four rambunctious kids to be incredible, smart, independent, loving adults. A HUGE feat. :)

I LOVE YOU Mom. I hope you have a beautiful day surrounded by love and laughter.
xo
Kate

3 comments:

S said...

I will always remember drinking beer at the Ward with your mom. GREAT time. :-)

desertbackroadfiend said...

What a wonderful tribute to one gorgeous, special lady, from another gorgeous, special lady. LOVE!!!!

Kate said...

Thank you! Yes, she is a special lady. xo