Had a bit of a scare recently. Mom was in the hospital with an infection that came with some scary symptoms, but luckily antibiotics worked and she's back home with Dad, happily planting flowers and making jam. The docs have ruled out cancer so we are all relieved. Yay Mom!
Went to the movie UP in 3D last night. It was really good. I love, love the look of Pixar movies. I say go to it, but leave the little ones at home. There are some scary moments with dogs that would probably freak them out a bit.
It's been a very interesting time for me. I'm still unemployed and am trying to decide what's next. I am coaching, and I love it, but more income would be grand.
Since I have time on my hands, I've decided to volunteer at The Thrive House, a non-profit started by Antony that's "dedicated to offering life skills to urban youth in a safe, creative and beautiful environment. Select partners are invited to use the house after school and on weekends to provide a foundation of skills and counseling to the children they serve."
I've decided to teach a photography class to 8-10 middle school kids. I am working on the curriculum and am getting very excited about it. We're hoping to have a photo show at the end of it, to celebrate their photographs. I'll let you know how it all goes.
I'm currently reading Julie and Julia - 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen. The author decided to tackle every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and blog about it. This book is a culmination of the experience, and it has also been made into a movie starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. So far it is pretty good and it's inspiring me to branch out a bit more with my cooking..
Last weekend Antony whisked me away to Grass Valley, where around 80 others joined us for amazing music, dips in the Yuba River, camping and late-night debauchery. It was a blast. For a potluck, I made a yummy salad that I want to share with y'all. If you like dill, this is for you. I added toasted pine nuts and feta to it, which really bumped it up a notch. Make it this summer. You'll be glad you did!
I hope you are all well and enjoying life.
xoxo
Kate
3 comments:
glad to hear everything is all right with your mom. the volunteer thing sounds awesome. let me know if you need any help/insight in planning the class. i'm thinking brochures for the final show. kudos to you and your salad, ms. butterbean.
Thanks Ethan, I'll be calling you to discuss the class. I could use your insight!! xo
I AM enjoying life and your post! Thanks for your words. They are always uplifting and fun. YAY for your mom too!
Post a Comment