Thursday, November 27, 2008

Smiles


I awoke this morning from a dream where I was zip-lining down a hill behind a friend's house. It's a friend I haven't seen in almost 20 years but one that I've been back in touch with on Facebook. She introduced me to the Pogues when I was a nanny in New Jersey. She is cool, the type of person who is grounded, who doesn't gossip or act catty. And she is battling cancer. I'm so grateful for her.

Thanksgiving to me is a relief. It is an EXCUSE to focus on the positive. In a world where it's perfectly fine to have a news show with all negative reporting except the one positive footnote at the end, I'm happy to have a day where I can turn my energy towards what is working WELL.

I am grateful for a home surrounded by kids and genuine folks, for the rain waking up my plants, for amazing friends who are here for me every day, for my parents who love to talk to me simultaneously on the phone, for brothers and a sister who constantly model love, perserverence, laughter, for a spiritual community who remind me of the sun when I'm focusing on the clouds, for the trees who bring quiet when I'm all chatter, I'm grateful for adventures big and small, that allow me to be expansive and to just be Kate.

Have a happy, filled-up-to-the-brim day.
Love,
Kate

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

and we are grateful to have you in our lives. oxox