Oy, it's been too long.
I've been enjoying the changing of the seasons this year. Fairfax has its own mini-autumn that brings crisp air and colorful leaves that crunch underfoot.
I've always hated running. Ever since I was young and had asthma, I've hated it. But lately, since I'm working from home, I have more time on my hands and I've been walk/running through the redwoods and bays and oaks around Phoenix Lake in Ross. It's actually a reservoir that is home to all kinds of ducks and critters. I love spending time there and since the parking lot is tiny, there aren't usually many people there on weekday mornings. It feels good. I get to talk to the trees and try and wake up muscles that have gone unused for far too long. Soon the rains will come and all of the dry creek beds will be rushing and I can't wait for the waterfalls.
If you haven't yet heard of Margaret & Helen's blog, check it out. They are two ladies who have been friends for over 60 years. It makes me very happy. A taste: "Folks, I may not be here next time so I want you to remember this. You really should strive for a Presidential nominee who is smarter than you… someone who understands you but doesn’t necessarily need to have a beer with you. Strive for a Renaisance man… someone who knows that Walt Whitman wasn’t a guy who made chocolate candy. And a good rule of thumb from this point forward: someone who fully understands that the Flintstones isn’t a documentary."
Ooh, with the cooler weather and short days comes my desire to stay in by the fire, reading, watching movies. This year I've decided to do a jigsaw puzzle or two. The only time I ever do them anymore is in SD. My parents love to do 'em and I have a lot of great memories of them joking and talking around the card table. I went to Drake High School's rummage sale and found a panoramic puzzle of NYC complete with the twin towers. I'm looking forward to getting started. Come on by. I'll whip up some hot toddies and put on some swingin' tunes.
I'm going to cut this short now because i made a goal to be in bed by 12:30am. I've had too many 2am nights lately. More soon. I promise.
4 comments:
LOVE jigsaw puzzles! I'm coming over right now.
ok. hot toddies a-comin'.
sounds like you'll be all set for a cold winter: jigsaw puzzles, hot toddies, & a fire. i love sitting by fires.
then you need to come by too. slumber party by the fire!
Post a Comment