Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Cambo

Haiku by Suzanne:

Jumping high over the hill and gardens
Feeling so free…
On a trampoline.

July 26 (Logue Estate, near Forres, Scotland)




MOO
A random ruin on a hill

Lovin' it
Cree's Inn and wee Suzanne

Abernethy



Pretty fog



Woke up early knowing it was time to leave Logie for Cambo. There was something about Logie that was so darn comforting. I mentioned it before, I think it was that everything on the land was so happy... the cows, sheep, horses, plants, trees, fish, grass, etc. All felt nurtured there. Suzanne and I loaded up the car and as while we waited to say our goodbyes, Suz started for the trampoline right next to the house. She jumped on it the first day we arrived, and it looked so much fun that this time I took a turn as well. It was so awesome!! It was the perfect trampoline... and allowed for some great air! I felt like a kid on that thing. Suz was right in saying that you can let go of all kinds of stuff just by jumping on one. It helped my semi-grumpy mood immensely. Thanks Suzanne, for once again getting me out of my box. :)

After saying goodbye to Alastair, Panny, Suz and I went down to the shop at the steading so I could buy a couple of gifts for my parents. Panny was sweet enough to open it early for us. After that, I walked around back to say goodbye to the cows, then off we went. Over the highlands again, omg so beautiful. I had to get out and take a couple of photos but they just don't do it justice.

We figured we should get some lunch so we stopped at a cuter than anything little town named Abernethy. It was quiet like a ghost town. We went to the Cree's Inn and ordered sandwiches from a really nice man behind the bar. When it came time to pay, Suzanne got confused with the money (it's hard to read the coins!) and forgot to give him a bill or something. Next thing I hear is this thick brogue, "I knew you were trouble the minute you walked in here." hahaha. Awesome. Would've been fun to stay for a pint but we needed to be back at Cambo to put in some hours at the garden.

We arrived at Cambo only to hear that volunteers don't work on the weekends. Yay for Janice! Suzanne and I did pull some weeds though, and Suz also pruned some roses. We were doing that when I hear these footsteps coming fast up the path. All of a sudden Janice, big grin on her face, comes flying up to us to give us a hug. We really missed her while we were away and it was so great to see she was enjoying herself there, and that she was happy to see us. We caught up a bit and shared our adventures while sitting outside watching the fog roll in and settle around the house. It was so darn pretty I felt like I was in a dream.

Suz and I were shown to our room which was Peter and Catherine's son's room. It was interesting to note that the volunteers stay in the part of the house that the family stays in. The fancy rooms upstairs are for guests. We had a nice dinner and turned in. None of that champagne, wine, sake madness from our previous night there. One not-so-great thing.. there was a guy volunteering who shared the bathroom with us. GROSS. The guy didn't know how to aim, if you know what I mean. We ended up wearing shoes every time we had to use it. But hey, it could've been SO much worse. I was staying in a castle, surrounded by a gazillion happy plants. I believe I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

the trampoline photos are awesome!