Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Californified

Thanksgiving was fun... I left my camera in Joe's car, so I can't upload any images yet but let me say one thing... the wigs came out (as well as pirate hats and devil horns..). It didn't matter that there were five people total in Misty & Ted's house. The wigs were pulled off the shelf, brushed (thanks Jill) and donned. So awesome.

The days/nights are chilly now. It's time to pull out the sweaters and thicker coats. I love it. Reminds me of trick or treating in South Dakota. The air all crisp, the leaves crunching underfoot.
All I want to do is make hot chocolate and watch movies by the fire. (I realize 40 degree nights is nothin' to you Midwesterners but I'm all Californified now.)

My car tire blew out on Saturday and I'm driving on this wimpy little spare till my car guys replace it. It is FRUSTRATING not being able to drive over 50. I'm that guy...the one in the right hand lane not going the speed limit on 101. I have newfound respect for those who do this. I mean, who knows what their deal is? I always assumed they were just ungrounded and not aware that they are holding up traffic. But no! They may have a car issue that prevents speediness! Very humbling for me to say the least. But I need to be humbled now and again.

I took photos of Emma and Ted on Saturday (pre-blowout). I have been taking their holiday photo every year since they were wee little-uns. They are now 15 & 16! When the f did this happen?! I walk into the house and Ted has shot up like 6 inches since I saw him last! (only a couple of months ago!) He's towering over me, sounds all manly man-ly and has this cute hairstyle that hangs over his eyes, annoying the crap out of Mom, but I think it's adorable. Will add images of them, too, when I get my camera back.

Well, time to leave work yay.
Have a lovely night folks.
UPDATE:
Here is a photo of Emma & Ted:

Go here for Thanksgiving photos...

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

t-day was fun. so was hanging out on sunday. cant wait to see the photos.