Monday, May 03, 2010

It's Actually Very Green...


Exciting news. I'm going to be co-leading (with two talented men, more about them later) a group of teenagers on a two-week trip hiking the southern part of Iceland in August. I've been wanting to go there for a long, long time and it all started with a question from Suzanne..."What are you doing this summer?"

Turns out, Suz got into the Harvard grad program (woohoo!) and can't lead the kids, so she asked me to fill in for her. Big shoes to fill but I'm up for it.

I'll be updating y'all the closer it gets, but some of the places we'll be visiting are:
-Skogafoss Waterfall
-Skogar Valley
-Thorsmork
-Bjorgil
-Laugavengur
-Landmannalaugar hills
-Langisjor Lake
-Skaftafell Waterfall/National Park.
-Svartifoss waterfall

I can't pronounce them yet but who cares? They are gorgeous.
And yes, we will be doing some of this.

3 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

you don't really need to know how to pronounce them, just pretend you do. that's awesome. you'll be a great leader.

willotoons said...

how exciting!!

dac said...

as long as you can bjork you'll be fine.