Morning of my 40th birthday.
Turning 40. God, it's amazing what that number brings up.
It took me a couple of months of soul searching, questioning, judging, judging, judging, redeeming, honoring and finally loving, but I can now honestly say that I'm pretty ok with turning 40. I'm not living the program as I saw it as a child. I have no children of my own, but I am close to children in my extended family. And I have not ruled out having my own. Might not be from this body, but it is not something I've closed the door on.
And I don't own my own home. Which, in all honesty, isn't something I want to do in the Bay Area. Renting is just fine, thank you very much. Yes, in the future I would like to own, garden, remodel my own place. But not right now. So, that about covers the main programs right? Oh wait! A MAN. Can't forget that one! Oy. For those close to me, you know how I feel about this one. I am very much looking forward to the day that he shows up in my life. I know who he is. I've seen him and dreamt about aspects of him for years now. It's just a matter of time before it happens. I know this to be fact.
So then, onto what amazing and wonderful things I DO have in my life. I have a family who I can count on no matter what. I have a group of friends who are in all actuality, also my family. I have love, laughter, sharing, hugs, roadtrips, creativity, spirituality, angels, health, tears, hiking trails, beaches, snow-capped mountains, healing circles, music, and support, support, support.
I'm a pretty lucky woman and my life is full. I am happy. And I can't wait to see what the next 40 brings!!
1 comment:
You have brought awesome validation to my lack of spouse and/or home-owning!
Post a Comment