Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We're runnin' with the shadows of the night

So baby, take my hand, it'll be alright
Surrender all your dreams to me tonight, they'll come true in the e-end..

Pat Benetar baby. Went again to the Marin County Fair in San Rafael,
situated on grounds designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Crazy. It was a perfect

night to listen to Pat, who sounded amazing but looked like a mom. Very
different than last year's act, Joan Jett and her hard body. At one point,
Jill and I busted up when we realized we both were balancing a corndog,

a corn on the cob and a beer in our hands. The dorkness was solidified
when we started singing Love is a Battlefield into the corn. haha.

I'm happy to report that the blow up "USA" rifle prizes that were so prevalent
last year were nowhere to be found. woo hoo!

My favorite:




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Love the video. Our blog entries paralleled, wouldn't you say?

Misty L said...

SO sad I missed this! But I WILL be seeing Queens of the Stone Age and Eagles of Death Metal at the Orange County fair next weekend. hee. Fair rock RULES!

j. ethan duran said...

love is a battlefield. i want to go to a fair and eat corn dogs and funnel cake.

Kate said...

Soon, Ethan. Soon. :)