well, i made it through my yearly cleanse. this year i did it for 7 days. what a difference a year makes! last year i missed, craved, mourned food. this year i didn't miss it a bit. seriously. when i was hungry, i drank some of the lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper/water concoction and all was ok. amazing. i feel great and clear and ready to start eating better. with Coachella coming up, i have an incentive to try and get back into shape. i haven't done much exercising since my car accident last January. oy. can i even touch my toes right now? don't think so.saturday night was misty's 17th annual procrastinators new years eve party. it's a themed-party where they count-down the "end" of the year at 12:30-ish. it's lots of fun and this year's theme was be your own superhero/villain. i had a blast just watching all of the amazing costumes roaming around. So creative... Vodka Tonic, Static Cling... i almost got recruited by the Carpet Crusaders and was threatened by a claw-sporting Wolverina. Oh yeah, and watching Martha Stewart line dance is an image that is burned on my brain. I love the Bay Area. I decided to be Mother Nature (thanks to E!) and had fun sticking starfishes, bugs and leaves to my fancy dress. BagelTed's music, of course, was awesome and very apropos with all kinds of hero-based songs blasting through the joint.
One Hit Wonder Woman & Mother Nature
Darth Vader & Lara Croft
Mr. Fix-it & Martha Stewart
Wolverina
Super Wasted
Jesse Owens & S.H.A.W.
I didn't take any photos this year so I borrowed from others... see the rest here: Ted's photos..
Misty's photos...
heather's photos...
Willo's photos...
Favorite and most humbling thing of the night... when we arrived at 7 to set up, i started hanging all kinds of superhero posters on the walls and the guys who worked there, some of 'em looking super tough, watched it all happen.. I figured they must be wondering what the heck was happening to their club... Then, at the end of the night as I started putting things away, the bartender and another guy got my attention and kind of secretly asked what was I going to do with the posters. One had his eye on Spider Girl. When I got back to them, saying they could have them if they wanted, they started rushing around, pulling off all the posters. One of 'em said, "i go to Comic-con every year. I'm a big geek."
LOVE LOVE being surprised by people. i made a couple of big assumptions and these guys blew right threw 'em. I like being constantly reminded that I'm a work in progress. After the club we went to Peter's pilates studio and hung out.... I didn't get home and to sleep till 7 a.m. it was a blast.
Sunday, I slept till Noon and then went into the City to meet Isabella at the Ferry Building. It was sunny and clear after so many dreary days. We had an amazing lunch at the Hog Island Oyster Company. it was my official first lunch post cleanse and what a great way to start eating again! Kumamoto oysters, Cowgirl Creamery grilled cheese with pickles, a spring green salad and Prosecco. Yum.
3 comments:
see even beefy bouncer like comics. i'm not alone. sounds like you had a good time. oysters. yum.
p.s. you looked smokin at mother nature. love, love, love the hair. what a hot little butter bean you are!
SO many good costumes!!
Post a Comment